Quickpwn for windows has now been released by the iphone dev .
This will jailbreak and unlock FW 2.1 on a 2G iphone and only Jailbreak 2.1 on a 3G iphone.
Download quickpwn from here (u'll need to use bit torrent)
U'll also need to download FW 2.1 and the 3.9 and 4.6 bin files.
This method has been test on the iPod touch 1G, however it should remain the same for the iPhone. This tutorial has not been tested, it should however work. Any problems or changes, let me know.
Note: Make sure iTunes is open at all times. I am not responsible if this breaks your iphone or ipod.
Before you do anything. Make a backup of your phone with iTunes. You MUST have iTunes 8 to do this!
a) Upgrade to firmware 2.1 using the iTunes Store. QuickPWN does not upgrade your firmware. Paying for the 2.X Firmware allows you have access to all firmwares from then on and will save you time faffing around finding firmware in the future. You can download it by doing a quick google sarch.
2) Download or find the 2.1 firmware file. If you have downloaded it through iTunes, you can find it on your computer at the following directories:
* VISTA: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates
* XP: C:\Documents and Settings\Your User Name\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates
3) Extract quickPWN to a folder on your desktop
4) Plug your iPod in and cancel the sync
5) Run QuickPwn.exe
6) Allow it to find your phone/ipod and click next
7) Click Browse and navigate to where your download of the 2.1 firmware is
8) Select the "Add Cydia" and "Add Installer". If you want the Pwnapple boot logo, then select "Replace Boot Logos". If not, deselect
In step 8 the iPhone 2g also has option for unlock. For this u need the 3.9 and 4.6 bin files.
9) Select "Go!" and get ready to roll
10) Pay attention to the QuickPWN window. Instructions will appear and you must follow them as they get highlighted. Not doing this will possibly brick your phone/ipod
11) Wait for your Phone/iPod to reboot and voila. Your done.
12) Follow my next tutorial on how to backup your files here
Thanks to Evostance for writing the tutorial.