"SERVICE IS NOT PART OF ACTIVE PROFILE" HELP PLEASE Thread

General Discussion Forum in General Section

everytime i try to open google maps or youtube or anything that involes the internet it doesnt work it says ...
    Razor_120 is offline HSDPA Mobile Phone

Thumbs down "SERVICE IS NOT PART OF ACTIVE PROFILE" HELP PLEASE

everytime i try to open google maps or youtube or anything that involes the internet it doesnt work it says "SERVICE IS NOT PART OF ACTIVE PROFILE"
    only thing that works is the browser homepage which is the virgin website but thats it
    im with virgin and my firmware is V10a
    please help as soon as possible
    thanks

serial_x is offline EDGE Mobile Phone

Default Re: "SERVICE IS NOT PART OF ACTIVE PROFILE" HELP PLEASE

Quote Originally Posted by Razor_120 View Post
    everytime i try to open google maps or youtube or anything that involes the internet it doesnt work it says "SERVICE IS NOT PART OF ACTIVE PROFILE"
    only thing that works is the browser homepage which is the virgin website but thats it
    im with virgin and my firmware is V10a
    please help as soon as possible
    thanks

I had a lot of trouble with Google Maps. If you can browse the net fine and send MMS messages fine then it's simply a matter of setting the profile for Google Maps.

Go to Games & Apps, click settings and select your service provider and activate. Go back, select My Games & Apps and click Google Maps.

Mine worked like a charm after doing that.

For the record though, i can browse YouTube but i can't watch the videos. That has to do with my service provider's streaming settings though.

edit: I just noticed you are with Virgin. They don't allow browsing on Prepaid phones, only the use of their Vibe site. I bought mine through Virgon and this pissed me off when i found out after recharging with $50. My advice would be to recharge with $80 (if you're in Australia), ring them and get you're unlocking code and once it's unlocked, go somewhere else that allows free browsing... Vodafone or Optus.
    Last edited by serial_x; 31-01-2009 at 09:01 PM.