Why wont my phone play video!!?? Thread

Audio and Video Forum in Media Section

Im staring to get annoyed now! but im probably just doing something wrong? I have followed all the instructions on ...
    Epitaph is offline Landline Phone

Default Why wont my phone play video!!??

Im staring to get annoyed now! but im probably just doing something wrong?

I have followed all the instructions on coverting video, I have total video converter, and divx codecs installed.
    I convert my videos to .avi and have also tried afew other settings, but when i go to play them on my phone is just goes blank then says "not supported"!!

the only one that worked was .3gp but i dont see the point in converting good video into crap quality just so it will play!

can anyone please let me know what im doing wrong? or give me a step by step guide to converting video with total video converter?

thanks

petegiu is offline Landline Phone

Default Re: Why wont my phone play video!!??

Quote Originally Posted by Epitaph View Post

I have followed all the instructions on coverting video, I have total video converter, and divx codecs installed.
    I convert my videos to .avi and have also tried afew other settings, but when i go to play them on my phone is just goes blank then says "not supported"!!

the only one that worked was .3gp but i dont see the point in converting good video into crap quality just so it will play!

can anyone please let me know what im doing wrong? or give me a step by step guide to converting video with total video converter?

thanks

I have the same problems!

robobob is offline New Member
    Please make this person feel extra welcome!

Hey Guys,

I have a similar problem but mine is only when i try to play a video stored on my new 2gb memory card, i can play the video fine when stored on the phone memory but when i move it to the memory card and try to play i just get
    "not supported exiting" message,
    Then the card isnt reconised so i have to turn the phone off and reinsert the card, but no matter what i do it wont play! Any ideas as to why?

Thanks

Ulti is offline EDGE Mobile Phone

Find the SUPER Converter and make sure you select the DivX Codec, most videos that are in avi format are XviD format meaning they won't be supported. It's stupid how XviD isn't supported I know but it's awesome quality nontheless.

Here's the settings I use with SUPER video converter. (It's free btw)
    http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/171/settingscp7.jpg

bzoli1016 is offline Landline Phone

I bought the phone last week and I have exactly the same issue. The converted video is fine from the internal memory but fails from the 2gb SD card. The same happens with .mp4 videos, so it seems this is not about the codec.

any other idea?

bzoli1016 is offline Landline Phone

Quote Originally Posted by bzoli1016 View Post
    I bought the phone last week and I have exactly the same issue. The converted video is fine from the internal memory but fails from the 2gb SD card. The same happens with .mp4 videos, so it seems this is not about the codec.

any other idea?

reformatting the sd card with fat32 resovled the problem!

ZiiiP is offline Landline Phone

Quote Originally Posted by bzoli1016 View Post
    reformatting the sd card with fat32 resovled the problem!
    And how do you do that? I reformatted the memory card using my mobile, but I have the same problem nonetheless.

alexonline is offline Landline Phone

Quote Originally Posted by Epitaph View Post

thanks
    Hi, Epitaph ..
    I was have same problem with you here. But after read here and there, I've found some good thread about this issue, and my Viewty works fine for playing videos/movies.

First, make sure you play it from your Memory Card, don't play it from Video Menu. If you use Total Video Converter, change the Video Setting to Custom 400 x 226, make sure also the output format is DivX 50 AVI, others keep on default setting. The last thing is named your file not too long.

Give it a try and see how it goes =)

Villhelm2000 is offline Landline Phone
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 508
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level

If you are trying to play XviD on the phone, just open it with this:
    AVI FourCC Changer | Software - (DivX/XviD) Digital Digest
    Once you open it change the first value to DivX and the second to DIVX (capitals are important!) and click apply, and it should work.